We wanted to share with you what our practice has been doing to prepare ourselves for your visit and ensure your safety. Protecting the health of our patients, team and families has been and always will be our main priority.
We have always and will continue to implement the highest standards of cross-infection control. Furthermore, we are increasing the frequency of which our designated team members are cleaning, disinfecting and wiping down everything in the treatment rooms, restrooms and reception room including: chairs, door handles, light switches, tables, etc. on a regular basis.
- Please inform us if you have any symptoms of fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, so we can schedule you accordingly.
- Call us when you arrive, we will check you in over the phone and call you back when you are ready to be seated.
- If you are being accompanied to your appointment, your escorts should wait in the car for you, as we are keeping the number of people in our reception room to a minimum.
- Immediately brought to a hand-sanitizing station .
- Assessed for respiratory symptoms and fever (with a non-contact, digital, infrared thermometer) and asked to sign a health declaration form.
- Escorted into an examination room with the door closed as quickly as possible and asked to rinse with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide (if treatment is to be provided).
- We have invested in the newest generation aerosol reduction technology that reduces over 90% of generated aerosols. We are also acquiring air filtration systems to continuously filter particles as small as 0.003 microns.
We hope that you can feel secure in the knowledge that we are doing everything in our power to provide the safest clinical conditions in order to protect you, our team & our families. Please call us if you have any concerns or questions. We look forward to welcoming you to our brand new office!